I’m pretty sure I did a whole lot today.
But I can’t remember what half of it was.
I suppose I could sum it up in one word: work.
Please don’t read this, it’s not for you. It’s not for anyone. It’s not even for me. I’m going to run down my day to see what happened. I’m pretty sure it was productive.
- 5:00 – 6:00 — meditation (it’s all downhill from here … 😉 )
- 6:00 – 7:00 — start with breakfasts, lunches, trying to wake up 3 zombies
- 7:00 – 7:30 — kids dressed, shoes on, teeth brushed, dog leashed, out the door
- 7:30 – 8:00 — walk to school
- 8:00 – 9:00 — walk with dog, listen to audiobook. Made fun detour and got all the way to the Golden Gate Park Panhandle. Pepper had fun with lots of other dogs. Hilly walk back through Haight and Buena Vista Park. Called dad to see how he’s doing.
- 9:00 – 10:00 — email check. Need to not forget about big hosting/email switch for client (dazzling screenshot attached here) at 3 pm. Appointments, kid pick up, phone calls throughout the day.
- 10:00 – 12:00 — visit to house from rep from property management company. Oh, that’s where a few hours went. See, it’s already productive to write this out. Wow, that was 2 hours.
- 12:00 – 12:30 — talk to Olivier (project manager) about 3 projects he’s running. He’s going to use a new proposal tool/service to make a proposal for client. It’s pretty much guaranteed it’s going to be better than my very average proposals. Yay.
- 12:30 – 1:30 — put out client fire (selling tickets for a show today, site in transition (i.e. a mess), so put up Under Construction page for now, client had to buy new theme, I built new page, added content, whew). Unexpected work for the day. What happened to client site was supposed to work on? Later.
- 1:30 – 2:30 — walk to school with Pepper, pick up kids, walk home. Client call @ 2:30.
- 2:30 – 3:00 — (new) client call. Went well. Need to send proposal.
- 3:00 – 3:30 — work a bit on design I was supposed to have done in the morning. Finished up, mostly, send note to client that I’m done … mostly.
- 3:30 – 4:00 — I can’t remember here. Hmm, it’s been 2 hours now. I think I did more design work on the emergency under construction site, got client to buy theme, answered some Google Apps for Work coupon emails.
- 4:00 – 5:00 — change MX records, change A record so site moves hosting and email moves to Google Apps. Went abnormally smoothly. Yay!
- 5:00 – 6:30 — email mayhem. Also … writing this post. 🙂
- 6:30 – 7:30 — Basketball with Li at Randall courts.
- 7:30 – 9:00 — Dinner with wife (no kids?) for our … anniversary. 🙂
For your viewing pleasure, here’s the check of the MX records for the domain. In case you were concerned, it switched quickly.