Tangy Tangerine Twist
We had some lemonade in the fridge that the kids thought was too tangy. Tangy, I thought. Perfect.
- 2 cups tangy lemonade
- 1 cup carrot juice
- 2 kiwis (peeled)
- 2 tangerines (not peeled)
- 1/2 cup of mixed nuts (cashews, almonds, whatever)
- heaping tablespoon (soy) vanilla protein powder
- heaping tablespoon cold-milled golden flax seed
- 2 cups nonfat/lowfat vanilla yogurt
- Last: 1 cup frozen cranberries
The beauty of the Vitamix is that you can throw in nuts and tangerines with their peels. You get that tang from the peel that makes the shake taste so fresh. Like just-out-of-the-dryer or mint-chewing-gum fresh. Ooh, mint, that might have worked, too, but here let’s let the tangerine (peels) do the tart. Then let the vanilla smooth it over so it slides over your tastebuds like silk.
Let the Vitamix go for a few minutes to make sure the nuts and the tangerine peeled are properly pulverized. When it’s good and done, drop in the cranberries and let it go just until you see the smaller pieces to a size you like. This is purely an aesthetic choice as little flakes of color in a sea of gold does wonders for your vision for the morning. Enjoy.