Bradley | Aug 12, 2019 | 0
Why the “Follow” button for Amazon authors is important–and how Giveaways can make them work.
This is one of those things you’re going to have to trust that it works.
Dear Amazon Author, I know, we can’t see who they are or even count how numerous they may be. But those “Followers” on Amazon actually work.
And work well.
See below for an email someone sent me showing exactly how I showed up in her inbox in an email from Amazon.
Let us count the ways why this is a powerful book marketing tool.
- It’s not from you. The email comes from Amazon. So even if the recipient forgot (WHA! The shock! The horror!) who you are, they’re reminded that you have something new, they apparently liked you and followed you enough at some point for some reason and, oh, hey, look, you have something new out. It’s not self-promotion, it’s better: it’s basically free advertising.
- It’s timely. I think these emails trickle out after the book is released. Guess what? One click and that books is in their (digital) hands. Done.
- Pre-Orders. Again, don’t quote me on this, but I seem to remember receiving emails like this from Amazon for authors I follow for books that are not yet out yet. They’re available on pre-order and Amazon is letting you know early.
- Not in spam folder. The email comes from Amazon. Chances are, the follower also gets receipts and other Amazon news via that same email address so it goes into their inbox, not their spam folder.
- Trust. Like #1, there’s a certain (unconscious?) trust here. The email comes from the shop, the marketplace, not from the author. So it must be OK, right?
All good stuff, yep. So how can you get more people to follow your Amazon author profile?
- Write good books.
- Write more books.
- Do giveaways and require them to follow your profile on Amazon.
There you have it. Easy peasy.
Now, back to one author who does an excellent of treating her readers well with new books, freebies, and news.