Do you know what type of leader you are?
I didn’t. Nor did I really care. Then I took a test.
I’m a member of Toastmasters in Utrecht (The Netherlands). It’s a workshop to improve your public speaking skills. I love it. To put it simply, it’s my next Dream Come True after I’ve become a writer (Dream Come True #1).
There is extensive training involved. All kinds of videos, handouts, checklists, and surveys. I just filled out one for what kind of leader I am. I didn’t know there were different kinds of leaders. Here’s my tallied output for what it’s worth.
- This leader concentrates on preparing individuals for the future by building skills
. Thisleader excels with individuals or groups that have not yet realized their full potential.
- This leader motivates by challenging the individual.
- This leader communicates with positive statements to foster a high level of personal gratification.
- This style is less effective when those being mentored are adverse to change.
- This style is most effective in a one-on-one setting when the person being coached is receptive to the close working relationship of this leadership style.
- This style is effective in creating a positive culture and promoting high morale.