2023: Focused Guided Meditations (& More)
It’s Wednesday, December 28, 2022, as I write this. I’m in Flagstaff, Arizona and this is about as close to a “journal entry” as I’m going to get. In fact, it brings me back to 2012 and starting my streak of 2,808 days of writing every single day without missing a day.
I don’t feel the need to get started on such a streak of writing again however there is a longing to get the thoughts out of my head on a more regular basis.
This morning I recorded a YouTube Short which has a few elements of what I’d like to do more of in 2020:
- Guided Meditations (that I’m creating)
- Bit of humor
- Bit of wisdom
- Sprinkling of magic
- Oh, I mentioned Voice.
See, that’s where it comes back: voice. Yep, in the writer’s world, we talk about voice as our style of writing or that we have a “voice” we’re using or speaking through when we’re writing.
Of course, it’s all about frequency as well. The frequency of my voice resonating with the listener.
Topics might include:
- Headaches (relevant this morning as Saskia had a headache from the altitude)
- Happiness, joy
- Meaning (in/of life)
- Specific ailments
- General “feel good” meditations in certain scenes (lake, mountain, snow)
I’m going to write these next notes as “changes” for me for 2023, places where I know I can improve:
- write it out first (don’t just wing it)
- run it by people (ARC)
- themes and then groupings of themes (e.g. health then headaches, or energy and then specifics)
As I’m freewheeling it here and making this very journal-entry like, let’s just jump into other 2023 fun things on my mind:
- Following in the footsteps of … what was his name? Ah yes, Tomfoolery.
- Combination of reading/narrating, theater, poetry (?), spoken word, song, maybe with a bit of music.
I think the bottom line is that I see myself or maybe it’s my future self as more of an entertainer than “just” a writer. I want to sing my message, spread it out slowly to the background of deep and pure rhythms and song, and give the listener more of an ‘experience” than just reading a book.
It’s now a little later on this wintery-wonderland day in December at the end of 2022. 2023 will bring on massive change and I must allow it, let it in, but then also bust through the walls so that whatever is on the other side can flow through.
Now, I’m going to go back to making updates to Frequency.