How much do you want it?
Do you really, really want it?
At this very moment, on a Monday, December something, I have so, so many excuses to not Write Every Day. Any one of them would garner understanding nods and condolences from friends, followers and fellow freaks (needed an F word). Let’s do a quick count:
How many excuses do you have?
- I don’t have my computer. I’m on a Surface that I don’t understand. It’s a touch screen and a laptop and a tablet. I’m so confused. I can’t figure out how to do a screen grab to even get a featured image.
- There was no WiFi. Now we have a little bit at this restaurant.
- This laptop’s power was out. I asked the waitress, in broken Spanish (MY broken Spanish, her Spanish is excellent) about plugging in my brother-in-law’s laptop/tablet/device with keyboard and screen.
- The keyboard is pink. That’s enough just right there.
- My kids are in the ocean, I’m not. I’m here doing this. I’m missing out on their growing up. They probably don’t know who I am, I don’t know if they would recognize me.
- Our ship leaves soon. If I’m not on it … at least I have a device with a pink keyboard.
- There is blasting music that’s so loud that I can’t hear my fingers clacking on the keyboard.
- No one actually reads what I write anyway.
- Same brother-in-law-pink-keyboard-owner keep buying me beers.
- There are probably more that I can’t think of because I have at least 9 that are good enough.
What’s your excuse? Are you going to overcome it or is it going to overcome you?
What’s in your heart? What’s in your blood? What will you do no matter what? What is your drive that is so strong, so passionate that people see it in your eyes and know that they better get out of the way or hop on board because this ship is sailing, we have the momentum and we’re not stopping, we can’t stop.
This is it. This is the time, today is the day. Who know what tomorrow will bring. Who knows if you’ll be breathing tomrrow. Today you are breathing, today is your life. Today is the beginning of your life, what are you going to do with it?
No one is forcing me to be here. Not a boss, not a partner, not a fan, not a fanatic. It’s just me. Just me, my passion, my heart and my blood. My energy, my light, my love and my will. That’s all we have going for us. What are you doing with yours? Is your a dim light in a crowded Lamps Plus showroom? How will you make it brighter? How will you find your passion, find what’s true to your heart and let it be free? Let it live the life it wants to be living? How will you know when it’s time?
Let me take a guess: how about today? How about starting today? Is there someone guaranteeing that tomorrow will come? If you know that person, please pass them along my number. I only know about now, about today, about this moment. This moment I’m here with a pink keyboarded laptop keeping my dream alive. Sometimes it’s hanging by a thread, but I will not let it go. It will grow every day, be stronger, better, easier. I am the fire that powers the flame and I will shine and lead the way.
Are you ready? I haven’t heard anyone propose a better time. Now seems good.