Bradley | Jul 12, 2019 | 0
NaNoWriMo 2017: 6 Writing Tips from 6 Authors to Boost your Productivity and Increase Your Word Count!
There are just a few more days of the 2017 NaNoWriMo writing challenge!
Do you need some help?
6 writers met up at a castle in Rappottenstein, Austria to work Better Together for CreativCastle and crank out their novels for NaNoWriMo 2017. If you’re struggling to finish or just need a little inspiration, here are 6 tips to help you improve your word count and productivity from the writers who are making it happen.
- Plot: If you get stuck, stop and fix your plot by adding pivotal scenes to carry you forward. Derek Murphy
- Recycle: Look through your older manuscripts or notebooks for excellent scenes or content you’ve never used. Find a way to work them into your current project. Nathan Rose
- Hear the Music: listen to scene-specific music your protagonist might be listening to. Gavin Reese
- Write the Ending: Write the most epic ending you can think of, then write backwards from there. Ingrid Seymour
- Team Up: Writing sprints with other authors is a great way to stay motivated. Bradley Charbonneau
- Skip Around: If you get stuck, skip ahead to a new scene or chapter you’re excited about. Jay Tinsiano