Bradley | Oct 13, 2020 | 0
The (Multi-Day) Repossible Retreat
Quick, think back to a “life-altering” event in your life.
What did you come up with?
Whenever I read the newspaper, I read things I normally wouldn’t come across. That’s the beauty of a newspaper or magazine. BTW, I mean that paper thing, not online. Because the paper version has pages you turn and then you see things (and possibly read things) you probably wouldn’t have clicked on but because it’s there in ink on paper in your hands, you might read it.
I came across some article about a group of guys who biked through Switzerland a few decades previous. One of the guys wanted to have a little reunion (albeit with Corona, it was more of an online check-in).
Most of the guys in the group said the event had an effect on their lives.
That’s it. That’s really all I wanted to get across here.
“A multi-day event had a long-term effect on people’s lives.”
If I think back, (Quick!), here’s a short list:
- World trip
- 10-Day Vipassana Silent Meditation Retreat
- 5-Day Meditation Retreat (Joe Dispenza)
Those were the first three that came to mind. If I dig a little deeper, let’s see what happens:
- Family trip to Borneo (through organized tour agency together with 5 other families we didn’t know)
- One day mindfulness workshop where we were still the entire day (no talking)
- Another 5-day 5-day meditation retreat through Dispenza
Seeing a pattern? Let’s see if we can gather some consistencies.
- Travel: away from home
- Experience: not just a “holiday” but workshops, activities, a plan
- Group: not alone
- Multi-day: even the one-day experiment was preceded by an 8-week course together with a group
- Focus: it’s not just “Oh, let’s have some fun!” but there’s a purpose, meaning, intention to the time.
This is how I see the future of Repossible.
- Posts (like this one) lead to
- Books which offer
- Bonus Content in the form of:
- Online summits (online conferences)
- which might all lead to:
- Online (paid) courses, workshops, etc.
- Guided Meditations (downloads)
- and finally, for those who truly want more, want the full experience, who are ready for it, it’s time for:
- Multi-day retreats, workshops, (whatever you want to call them), conferences sounds too passive, too monologue.
There need to be activities, breakout groups, guided meditations (full-on darkness, eye masks, guided), create sessions, presentations, on-the-fly case studies and interviews, breakthroughs, friendships.
How are we doing so far?
Hey, I gotta go. It’s Monday morning and I’m supposed to be packing to go away for a week. But honest and truly, THIS is what I enjoy. Planning something like this: the future of Repossible. Changing people’s lives. Changing my own life. 😉
If you want to be a part of it, I’m not organized right now as far as processes but if this is up your alley and you’d like to take part either as a student or a teacher, connect over at the Repossible Facebook group.