OK, here it comes on Feb. 1: 2019 New Year’s Resolutions
It takes a month to realize what’s important for the coming year.
Sure, I need to lose weight, eat healthier, and write every day. I’ll do those. I do those already. I’ll do them better.
But what about the things that are different this year? 2019?
Here goes with what’s scary for me:
- Build my mailing list.
- Research my “summit” list of interviews.
If I were really, really, no, really daring and wanted to lance fear into my heart, I would keep a tally of actions I’ve taken for this month (remember,
There. I said it. I’m going to do it.
Build My Mailing List
For the month of February, I’ll list here at least one item per day that I did to build my mailing list.
- Listened to Tammi Labrecque on Joanna Penn’s podcast. (Feb 1)
- Signed up for and watched Amy Porterfield’s “Ultimate List Building Catch-Up Plan Master Class” (Feb 2)
- Created a (starter!) landing page for a weekly email (Feb 3)
- Filled out all elements of
landingpage (#3) e.g. confirmation email, thank you, etc. (Feb 4)
Spark Summit Potential Interviews
It’s a new (and scary) idea for me, but in 2019 I’m planning to organize an online summit for Spark. Interview 20 or 30 “experts” in fields related to Spark. I’ll get into details later, but for now, I’m shooting for 5 interview prospects per day, starting today.
- Rob Desautels (wrote
bookwith granddaughter) (Feb 1)
- Ron Epstein (founder and CEO of L.A. Parent magazine) (Feb 1)
- James Blatch (new author, has 14-year-old, works with Mark Dawson at Self Publishing Show) (Feb 1)
- Mark Dawson (bestselling author, founder of Self Publishing Show, has teenage kids) (Feb 1)
- Honorée Corder (Wrote
bookcalled “You Must Write a Book.” Need I say more?) (Feb 1)
- Rich Robinson Has done several projects with kids including a “Chinasaurs” book for charity (Beijing, China)(Feb 2)
Van’tHul I am passionate about children’s art and creativity and want to share that passion with you. (Feb 2)
- Brad Silverman Does all kinds of zany projects with his kids. Selfie Dad, movies, etc. (Feb 2)
- Leslie Einhorn Founder of CASA, theater for kids (afterschool program). (Feb 2)
- Lisa Sugarman Parenting Author & Nationally Syndicated Columnist (Feb 2)
- Alinka Rutkowska Author of Write and Grow Rich: Secrets of Successful Authors and Publishers (Feb 3)
- David Gaughran “Author of Strangers To Superfans: A Marketing Guide to the Reader Journey.” He could tell how to really connect with readers (and sell books). (Feb 3)
- Sam Kerns Author of “The Weekend Writer: How to Write a Quality Non-Fiction Book in a Month even if You Have a Full-Time Job” (Feb 3)
- Dawn Witte Words are Magical. Does work in Africa. Maybe instead of sending something (physical), we match up an adult somewhere with a child in Africa to write a book together? (Feb 3)
- Mary Lee
KendalShe saw how children and teens are extremely creative if you just give them a chance. (Feb 3)
- Richard Bullivant Write
ChildrensBooks, Write Young Adult Fiction, courses for writing (note Richard Bullivant is just a name I found as ONE of many teachers) (Feb 4)
- Lorena Veldhuijzen Wrote books with kids, teaches writing at elementary schools. (Feb 4)
- Caroline DePalatis Works with
int’lgroups, kids, Africa. Is author. Good combo! (Feb 4)
- Rachelle Doorley is the creator of Tinkerlab.com, a website of art and science activities for kids. “Turn Errors Into Opportunities” (Feb 4)
- Joshua Glenn coauthored Unbored: The Essential Field Guide to Serious Fun with Elizabeth Foy Larsen. Invent Fun (Feb 4)
- Elizabeth Foy Larsen Elizabeth is the co-author of the bestselling Unbored series of family activity books (Feb 5)
- Keri Smith is the author of The Pocket Scavenger, Wreck This Journal, and ten other books. (Feb 5)
- Karen Benke is the creator of Rip the Page! and Leap Write In! (Feb 5)
- David Henry Sterry is the author of 14 books and has a service called Pitchapalooza where he’ll give you a minute (or so) to pitch your book. Maybe we could raffle off a minute of David’s time for Spark Campfire? (Feb 5)
- Arielle Eckstut Arielle is
co-founderof The Book Doctors. (Feb 5)