Amazon (Audible) Kindle Whispersync for Voice
Am I the only one who loves this feature so much?
Kindle Whispersync for Voice is a product of Amazon and Audible where you can listen to your audiobook and/or read your Kindle book and easily switch back and forth between the words on a screen and audiobook.
That’s it. It’s that simple.
I use it all the time.
EDITOR’S NOTE: Would you listen to a new audiobook not on Audible? My audiobook distributor has a new service they’ve opened to a few authors and I’m lucky enough to be one of them. If you’d like to test out the future of audiobooks, have a look over here and let me know what you think. Oh, and you get my best-selling “Every Single Day” for free. Authors Direct
As a recently minted audiobook narrator with my first book now available on Audible (and Amazon), I want my book in Kindle Whispersync for Voice. I’ve read about it and, if all the requirements are met, it will get there.
Here are two pages I found where Amazon/Audible explain it:
- Kindle Books with Audible
- Kindle Whispersync for Voice (the promotional video on this page is worth watching … )
Sure, you can switch back and forth. She’s even in the shower and listening to her book. Then on the bus. Then walking home. Then reading the text in bed. Perfect.
But I use it for even more.
I also use Amazon (Audible) Kindle Whispersync for Voice:
- Switching from audio to text to highlight, note, bookmark, and share excerpts from Kindle.
- Because then I don’t have to use the Audible app. No offense, Audible app, but I can’t switch and then I can’t do what I love doing in #1.
- I’m down to one app for reading and listening: the Kindle app on my phone.
- It’s synced up whether I’m reading on my phone, listening on my phone, listening on my Kindle Fire, or reading on my Kindle Voyage (yes, I have all of those devices and yes, I use them all).
I could probably go on and on, but you know what? I gotta go. The dog needs a walk and I’m listening to Brendan Burchard’s “High Performance Habits” on Whispersync for Voice.