Possibly the easiest $50 you might never get. Introducing the Audible Bounty.
- What if you could offer your audiobooks for free while you still earned royalties?
- My Studio in the Woods
- The future of the audiobook market is wide open because it is device independent.
- The Birth of an Audiobook: What if you just tried one chapter?
- Want to really become an expert at something? Write a book about it.
- Is your audiobook worth a credit? In other words: $14.99?
- Could audiobooks be the secret media to reach your kids’ minds?
- 5 Reasons Nonfiction Authors Should Narrate Their Own Audiobooks
- Because I’m not going to read your book like this–but I’ll listen to it.
- Looking for Audiobook Reviews? Audiobook Boom
- Your audiobook playing in a stranger’s living room? Crazy, I know.
- 5 Reasons Nonfiction Authors Should Hire a Professional Narrator for their Audiobooks
- How $14.38 confirmed my future audiobook publishing strategy.
- When the narrator is deeply connected to the author’s material.
- Why my “Every Single Day” book as audiobook is even more exciting than the print or ebook.
- If your book was available on audio, this might have happened to you.
- You read your books out loud for editing anyway, right?
- Free online tool to add meta tags and image tag to MP3 file
- Add Audible book to your purchase for just $1.99
- Possibly the easiest $50 you might never get. Introducing the Audible Bounty.
- One of my goals for my “Audio for Authors” book and course: Short, Sweet, and Done
- Which microphone to get started recording audiobooks?
- My first test with transcription and how this is going to change … everything.
- The Writer’s Guide to Training Your Dragon (Review)
- How’s that audiobook studio coming along? It might be time to get out of the house.
- Is this the next chapter of audiobooks?
- Audio for Authors: What does this teach? What does this solve? What am I giving?
- Do We Listen? (And an excellent example of newsletter marketing.)
- Audio for Authors: Can we successfully market our audiobooks?
- The Pop Pop Pop audiobook editing method
- Podcasting is the new Blogging
- Audio for Authors | Using Headliner to get your audio onto Instagram
- Audio for Authors | Even remotely thinking of recording your audiobook?
If you love audiobooks, chances are you’re going to hook others into getting into audiobooks as well.
You might as well make a little commission on the way. Here’s the deal straight from acx.com:
“ACX offers a $50 Bounty payment each time an audiobook produced through ACX is the first purchase on Audible by an AudibleListener member while this offer is available on ACX. Rights Holders may earn the full $50 bounty each time their audiobook is the first purchase on Audible by an AudibleListener member while this offer is available on ACX. The AudibleListener member must remain a member in good standing for at least 61 consecutive days before the $50 bounty is paid on the qualifying audiobook purchase.”
Here’s how it works in real life.
- You create your audiobook.
- You publish it through ACX.
- A non-Audible subscriber listener buys your book and subscribes to Audible.
- That new subscriber stays in the Audible program for 61 days.
- You earn $50.
If you’re doing a royalty share, then you’ll share that $50. If you’re not sharing, then that $50 is yours.
While this sounds wonderful, winning the lottery sounds wonderful too. The stars in the universe have to be lined up rather well to get you your $50:
- The new audiobook fan wants your book.
- But she’s not yet an audiobook fan enough to be an Audible paying subscriber.
- But she really wants to listen to your book.
- She also has to either listen to books really slowly so your book takes her 61 days or …
- She’s hooked on enough audiobooks through Audible to want to keep paying $14.95 per month for more books.
But hey, why not? It doesn’t “cost” anything to try, right?
Here’s my usually-more-optimistic self talking:
“Wow, I really want to listen to Bradley’s new book “How a flour tortilla saved me $13,297 in insurance fees” and I bet this will open up a whole new world for me of audiobooks that I can listen on the way to work in the morning. My life just got so much better. Thank you and I love you, Bradley!”
I’m pretty sure this second scenario is much more likely.
So get to it! Get your audiobook done, get it rolling through ACX and watch those $50 checks rain down on you like snowflakes!
- Earn Even More! The fine print from ACX. (ACX)
- Mastering the $50 Bounty Program “Think of it as our thanks to you for helping new audiobook listeners discover Audible!” (ACX blog)
- How ACX Earnings Work “This is the best way for you to make significant earnings from your books.” (Author Marketing Institute)
I put Audio Bounty into my search engine, as I have received the $50 on my audio book statement and didn’t know where it had come from. So I’m very pleased with my luck. It is possible. My book is Spirituality: A User’s Guide. It looks at what is involved in a psychologically healthy belief system. In other words, does your belief/belief system take you towards health or away from it.
Glad to hear it, Therese! Love the title of your book! I’m going to check it out right now.
Hope you were able to carry through on your intention to check out my book. Would love your comments on how it resonates (or not) with you. It’s aimed primarily at people looking for guidance in this area, though it doesn’t recommend any particular spirituality. I offer guidelines that promote psychological health, and consider various options through that lens.