Bradley | Oct 13, 2020 | 0
Want to really become an expert at something? Write a book about it.
- What if you could offer your audiobooks for free while you still earned royalties?
- My Studio in the Woods
- The future of the audiobook market is wide open because it is device independent.
- The Birth of an Audiobook: What if you just tried one chapter?
- Want to really become an expert at something? Write a book about it.
- Is your audiobook worth a credit? In other words: $14.99?
- Could audiobooks be the secret media to reach your kids’ minds?
- 5 Reasons Nonfiction Authors Should Narrate Their Own Audiobooks
- Because I’m not going to read your book like this–but I’ll listen to it.
- Looking for Audiobook Reviews? Audiobook Boom
- Your audiobook playing in a stranger’s living room? Crazy, I know.
- 5 Reasons Nonfiction Authors Should Hire a Professional Narrator for their Audiobooks
- How $14.38 confirmed my future audiobook publishing strategy.
- When the narrator is deeply connected to the author’s material.
- Why my “Every Single Day” book as audiobook is even more exciting than the print or ebook.
- If your book was available on audio, this might have happened to you.
- You read your books out loud for editing anyway, right?
- Free online tool to add meta tags and image tag to MP3 file
- Add Audible book to your purchase for just $1.99
- Possibly the easiest $50 you might never get. Introducing the Audible Bounty.
- One of my goals for my “Audio for Authors” book and course: Short, Sweet, and Done
- Which microphone to get started recording audiobooks?
- My first test with transcription and how this is going to change … everything.
- The Writer’s Guide to Training Your Dragon (Review)
- How’s that audiobook studio coming along? It might be time to get out of the house.
- Is this the next chapter of audiobooks?
- Audio for Authors: What does this teach? What does this solve? What am I giving?
- Do We Listen? (And an excellent example of newsletter marketing.)
- Audio for Authors: Can we successfully market our audiobooks?
- The Pop Pop Pop audiobook editing method
- Podcasting is the new Blogging
- Audio for Authors | Using Headliner to get your audio onto Instagram
- Audio for Authors | Even remotely thinking of recording your audiobook?
“Wait, do you mean to write the book before you’re an expert?”
Yes, that’s exactly what I mean.
Tomorrow, I have a new book coming out. Let’s add up all of the reasons I might not want to publish it quite yet:
- I’m not (yet) an expert.
- It’s probably not really done.
- It could be better.
- I want to add more “experts” in their fields.
- There’s probably lots of other stuff I could do to make it better.
But it’s started. That’s more than nothing. It’s less than perfect, but I can’t build on nothing. I can build on something.
Double Bonus Section: Create an Online Course
I know, I know, we’re already pushing our luck by writing a book about the topic, but seriously, a course?
Yes, a course.
Because then you not only have to tell them about your expertise, you have to show them.
Crazy, I know.
Here’s a thought: try it. Just outline something. Create a sample lesson, maybe an overview.
Think I know about Audio for Authors? Here’s how much I know: I know more than when I started. Now I have a course where I am–and you are–going to learn even more about it.
Experts are overrated. I just want to know how to do it, how to get better and get the job done.
Boom. We just learned something and we didn’t have to become an expert to get there.