Find someone who believes he is alone and convince him that he is not.
- Everyone is born a genius
- Here’s what I’m giving my nieces for Christmas
- The 1/4″ drill bit, Bali, cocktails on the beach, love, pride, and Spark
- Is your goal to have fun or win an award?
- I recorded an 11-second video 4 years ago that’s the foundation of my next book.
- Don’t wait 12 years. Please.
- It’s not only for you and your kids but your grandkids … and beyond.
- Is there anything possibly worse than not starting the project?
- Oops. That’s what I forgot: a story.
- The One Recipe Cookbook (and how to finish a project together with your kids)
- Best books for doing activities with your kids, creating family memories, and building relationships between parents and children
- Spark: It’s about creating something from nothing. Let’s create a subtitle, shall we?
- People like us do things like this
- Why Spark? Why me? Why you? Why now?
- What if I’d like to be one of the people like you who do things like that?
- Permission to … change my book title?
- Write a book with your kids? 43 elements for success. 42 are optional.
- It seems like backwards math, but by creating, we are actually “getting” more than we are “giving.”
- The Widow and the Orphan
- Spark Love: About that 1 mandatory element of the 43…
- Recipe for Love
- Kids need to crash their bikes to learn how to ride.
- Spark at “#1 New Release in Parent Participation in Education”
- Spark has hit #1 in Parenting in Free Books
- Spark Campfire
- When you document it, it becomes more real
- It takes as long as the time allotted
- I don’t want to navigate negativity.
- What’s the one little spark going to be that sets off the creativity in you (or your child)?
- Spark Campfire February 2019
- Find someone who believes he is alone and convince him that he is not.
- Well, wait a minute. That wasn’t so hard.
- Someone out there could use the help from the you of today
Don’t ask what you can do for you, ask what you can do for them.
Here’s an excerpt from Wayne Dyer’s “I Can See Clearly Now” where he talks about being on a radio show after Mother Theresa. The radio show repeatedly asked Mother Theresa what he could do for her, anything to help her promote her cause, build her following, help her in any way. This is how she responded.
“There is one thing you can do for me,” she finally says in her broken English. “Tomorrow morning, get up at four A.M. and go out onto the streets of Phoenix. Find someone who believes that he is alone and convince him that he’s not.Mother Theresa
Maybe I’m getting ahead of myself, but usually when I say “I’m getting ahead of myself” it means I’m thinking bigger, thinking ahead, thinking beyond where my daily thoughts are going.
So maybe I am getting ahead of myself and that’s OK.
But I see so much potential for Spark. It doesn’t just have to be between a parent and a child–of their own.
It doesn’t have to be rich countries and poor countries. Not just people who we “think” need the help or attention. But what about those in our own backyard?
Are there lonely children out there? I don’t know much about foster children but also in Dyer’s book, he talks about growing up in the orphanage system and what an impact some people (who were not his parents) had on him.
What if, I’m just saying what if, there were a program that matched up a “lonely” adult in the world with a “lonely” child in the world?
They worked, together with me, to write a book together in a month.
Is that so crazy?
Yes, it’s crazy. I admit it.
Which is why I like it.
Maybe I need to get started with my own kids first.
Oh, did that.
Maybe a niece to see how that goes.
Busy with that now.
Think bigger, wider, further.
I may be getting ahead of myself, but…
I’m not getting ahead of myself. I’m thinking ahead.
That’s where I want to go.