Bradley | Oct 13, 2020 | 0
Do you know what the hardest part of writing a book is?
- Do you know what the hardest part of writing a book is?
- SPARK | “How can I make more time in the day to write with my son?”
- Don’t have much conversation with your kids? Here you go.
- That partner of yours. Yeah, the kid. We still have roles to play. They’re important.
- Spark | Time Capsule: this is one of those moments I want to remember.
- Spark Campfire | Step out of your comfort zone to uncover your true message
- Everyone is born a genius
- Here’s what I’m giving my nieces for Christmas
- The 1/4″ drill bit, Bali, cocktails on the beach, love, pride, and Spark
- Is your goal to have fun or win an award?
- I recorded an 11-second video 4 years ago that’s the foundation of my next book.
- Don’t wait 12 years. Please.
- It’s not only for you and your kids but your grandkids … and beyond.
- Is there anything possibly worse than not starting the project?
- Oops. That’s what I forgot: a story.
- The One Recipe Cookbook (and how to finish a project together with your kids)
- Best books for doing activities with your kids, creating family memories, and building relationships between parents and children
- Spark: It’s about creating something from nothing. Let’s create a subtitle, shall we?
- People like us do things like this
- Why Spark? Why me? Why you? Why now?
- What if I’d like to be one of the people like you who do things like that?
- Permission to … change my book title?
- Write a book with your kids? 43 elements for success. 42 are optional.
- It seems like backwards math, but by creating, we are actually “getting” more than we are “giving.”
- The Widow and the Orphan
- Spark Love: About that 1 mandatory element of the 43…
- Recipe for Love
- Kids need to crash their bikes to learn how to ride.
- Spark at “#1 New Release in Parent Participation in Education”
- Spark has hit #1 in Parenting in Free Books
- Spark Campfire
- When you document it, it becomes more real
- It takes as long as the time allotted
- I don’t want to navigate negativity.
- What’s the one little spark going to be that sets off the creativity in you (or your child)?
- Spark Campfire February 2019
- Find someone who believes he is alone and convince him that he is not.
- Well, wait a minute. That wasn’t so hard.
- Someone out there could use the help from the you of today
- I just got off the phone with my niece (and why that’s important).
- How to structure your non-fiction
- Spark Campfire | I wish I knew my nephew
- Spark Campfire | Why are you the person to write this book?
- Spark Campfire | Can we write a book and be less in front of a screen?
- Spark Campfire | How we define success
- Spark Campfire | So, you say you don’t have a book idea?
- Spark Campfire | Think about your audiobook before you thought you needed to
- Spark Campfire | Time Capsule
- Spark Campfire | Sweat Hut
- Spark | How do you answer the question, “What are you working on?”
- Spark: Ch. 3: Message in a Bottle
- The risk of remaining tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
- Spark Campfire | Who can say what you want to say better than you can?
- Imagine yourself as a published author.
- Writing & Publishing: Why do we go to the gym? Wait, I don’t go to the gym. Exactly.
- Write Your Worst Book Ever
- This is what co-creating a book looks like
- Don’t do what you want to do but they want to do
- “Drama” audiobook is DONE!
- SPARK |Tell me your fears
- 7 Questions for Spark
- Spark Campfire | Did I mention we’re going to get it done?
- Spark | Thanks for your gift of sharing yourself through this book.
- “I get to be the fun mom.”
- “Our story has to be told.”
- SPARK authors Meg and Matthew Leal are #1 on Amazon!
- “Oh, next year will be better.”
HINT: It’s not the writing.
Let’s first get through what’s not hard.
What’s NOT difficult about writing a book
- The idea: oddly, that just comes to you. You know it. I know it. Stop denying it. You might need some to ask you.
- The writing: see #1. When #1 happens, writing is automatic.
- Formatting, designing, grammar, spelling, help! I might go with the same rationale as #2, but I’ll give it to you, this can be a pain. But if you’ve got #1 going on, you’re usually OK.
- Cover design: seriously, this is the fun part!
- Partner: choosing a partner can seem difficult except when it isn’t.
- Subtitle: OK, just throwing this in here, trying to hide it. This one can be tough.
- Time: finding this stuff can be tricky, but if #1 is a burning passion, you’ll make time.
Here’s the #1 thing holding you back from writing your book:
It’s kind of a boring word.
I was trying to find a better one.
Something snappy and ideally one syllable.
Not something that sounded like “accounting.” But it kinda does.
Here it is:
You need someone who is “invested” in you finishing–or even starting.
The typical example is the gym.
- We know we should go.
- We go for a while.
- We find lovely excuses.
- We hire Katie.
- She’s mean.
- She wants you there Monday at 7 AM.
- You go.
- You’re on time.
- Because you’re scared of what she’ll do to you if you’re late–or worse: don’t show up at all.
- You keep going on Mondays (see #4).
- You improve.
- You say things like, “Well, this wasn’t so bad after all.”
- You lose weight.
- You get stronger.
- You feel better about your life.
- You quit your job.
- You open up a sailing instructor school just off of Morea.
- You sip cocktails with umbrellas in them.
Which part of this was crucial?
But #7 happens mostly (93.4%) because of #4.
We’re going to write a book together.
So, now that we got that out of the way: Spark Campfire.