When you document it, it becomes more real
- Here’s what I’m giving my nieces for Christmas
- The 1/4″ drill bit, Bali, cocktails on the beach, love, pride, and Spark
- Is your goal to have fun or win an award?
- I recorded an 11-second video 4 years ago that’s the foundation of my next book.
- Don’t wait 12 years. Please.
- It’s not only for you and your kids but your grandkids … and beyond.
- Is there anything possibly worse than not starting the project?
- Oops. That’s what I forgot: a story.
- The One Recipe Cookbook (and how to finish a project together with your kids)
- Best books for doing activities with your kids, creating family memories, and building relationships between parents and children
- Spark: It’s about creating something from nothing. Let’s create a subtitle, shall we?
- People like us do things like this
- Why Spark? Why me? Why you? Why now?
- What if I’d like to be one of the people like you who do things like that?
- Permission to … change my book title?
- Write a book with your kids? 43 elements for success. 42 are optional.
- It seems like backwards math, but by creating, we are actually “getting” more than we are “giving.”
- The Widow and the Orphan
- Spark Love: About that 1 mandatory element of the 43…
- Recipe for Love
- Kids need to crash their bikes to learn how to ride.
- Spark at “#1 New Release in Parent Participation in Education”
- Spark has hit #1 in Parenting in Free Books
- Spark Campfire
- When you document it, it becomes more real
- It takes as long as the time allotted
- I don’t want to navigate negativity.
Take a picture, record a video, turn on the audio recording.
Sure, we’re going to Do This Thing, but it’ll be even more memorable–and remembered–if we document it.
By documenting, I only mean:
- Taking the occasional photo (of the work in progress).
- Have someone video record while you’re working on your experiment.
- Turn on an audio record for a few minutes while you’re talking about what you’re doing.
At the time, it might not seem like much, it might even seem a little silly, but remember how an 11-second video inspired much of what I’m doing in 2019, so let’s just say we’re going to give it a try and we can say later that it was a colossal waste of time to document.
Let’s get busy, let’s take photos and videos and audio recording like it was a holiday to a place we might never return to, and we can analyze it later.