Don’t wait 12 years. Please.
- Everyone is born a genius
- Here’s what I’m giving my nieces for Christmas
- The 1/4″ drill bit, Bali, cocktails on the beach, love, pride, and Spark
- Is your goal to have fun or win an award?
- I recorded an 11-second video 4 years ago that’s the foundation of my next book.
- Don’t wait 12 years. Please.
- It’s not only for you and your kids but your grandkids … and beyond.
- Is there anything possibly worse than not starting the project?
- Oops. That’s what I forgot: a story.
- The One Recipe Cookbook (and how to finish a project together with your kids)
- Best books for doing activities with your kids, creating family memories, and building relationships between parents and children
- Spark: It’s about creating something from nothing. Let’s create a subtitle, shall we?
- People like us do things like this
- Why Spark? Why me? Why you? Why now?
- What if I’d like to be one of the people like you who do things like that?
- Permission to … change my book title?
- Write a book with your kids? 43 elements for success. 42 are optional.
- It seems like backwards math, but by creating, we are actually “getting” more than we are “giving.”
- The Widow and the Orphan
- Spark Love: About that 1 mandatory element of the 43…
- Recipe for Love
- Kids need to crash their bikes to learn how to ride.
- Spark at “#1 New Release in Parent Participation in Education”
- Spark has hit #1 in Parenting in Free Books
- Spark Campfire
- When you document it, it becomes more real
- It takes as long as the time allotted
- I don’t want to navigate negativity.
- What’s the one little spark going to be that sets off the creativity in you (or your child)?
- Spark Campfire February 2019
- Find someone who believes he is alone and convince him that he is not.
- Well, wait a minute. That wasn’t so hard.
- Someone out there could use the help from the you of today
- I just got off the phone with my niece (and why that’s important).
- How to structure your non-fiction
Please don’t wait 12 years.
It will be too late.
Seth Godin has a habit of writing a few sentences that hit home. Did I mention he writes Every Single Day? 😉
Twelve years from now, your future self is going to thank you for something you did today, for an asset you began to build, a habit you formed, a seed you planted.
Even if you’re not sure of where it will lead, today’s the day to begin. — Seth Godin, from his blog
I waited 10 years. Here’s a quick timeline:
- 2004: wrote a book,
- 2014: wrote next book.
What happened in between? Easy: nothing.
What’s most interesting about Seth’s post is this part:
your future self is going to thank you
We’re not talking about:
- The press,
- The Oscars,
- Your kids,
- Your spouse,
- Your fans,
- Your worldwide tour promoter.
We’re talking about:
- Your future self
- thanking you (that is, your present self).
It’s so simple. So powerful. So hard.
Yet so easy.
It begins with the first step.
In an absolutely blatant act of self-promotion, have a look at this:
What are you waiting for?
Please don’t wait 12 years. Your future self will thank your current self.